To love and serve God and neighbor with open hearts, open hands and open minds.
Living Our Mission
- The first service in the space renovated as a Sanctuary in the Parish House was held on Christmas Eve, 1955.
- The church was incorporated by the Presbytery of Cayuga-Syracuse on January 8, 1956 when 107 charter members were received and officers were elected.
- In 1963, a new sanctuary and fellowship hall were built, and the first worship service in this Sanctuary was held on Christmas Sunday, 1963.
- The Christian Education wing was added in 1970. This provided open space for children’s classes, a nursery, kindergarten and staff offices.
- In 2002, this space was reconfigured to improve the office complex and to add an elevator, a new nursery and kindergarten, meeting rooms and a lovely atrium/gathering area.
- Since 1970, Bette Kahler has led an outstanding music ministry.
- There has been a long-term commitment to the Christian education of children, youth and adults, and to community outreach.
- Since its founding, Pebble Hill has been served by five ministers.
- Our current pastor, the Rev. Dr. Peter Shidemantle, has led our congregation since August, 1993.
Pebble Hill Presbyterian Church
5299 Jamesville Road
DeWitt, NY 13214
9:30 a.m. - Worship Service
9:45 a.m. - Children's Worship
10:30 a.m. - Coffee Fellowship
11:00 a.m. - Christian Education for All Ages